Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Procrastination Leaves a lot to be Attained

Here it is my first blog, thank you to my neighbor Deb who helped me in creating a blog page! It is truly exciting after many years of “Clutter Be Gone!” to finally be on the WEB! Needless to say I’m not the most computer savvy of them all, but here I am! Although I am one of many “Clutter Buster’s” in this world; I do empathize with any of you who have not worn that hat well. I understand that “thing” that humans do well… PROCRASTINATION. Encarta dictionary defines Procrastination: “To postpone doing something, especially as a regular practice.” So we should ask ourselves “Why?” we postpone doing something or “Why?” we avoid doing “it” regularly. Is it because it’s not enjoyable? That may be true to an extent, but there are many things that I do regularly that I don’t particularly enjoy, for instance, brushing my teeth, paying bills, putting gas in my SUV.

So what’s the difference? Why do we do those things that we view as important if they are not enjoyable? I brush my teeth because I like the feeling of clean teeth and do not want my teeth drilled on. So I brush my teeth to avoid the leftover particles of food from mixing with the bacteria in my mouth, because I know that turns into decay! Consequently, I perceive the result of not brushing my teeth so I am very motivated to brush. So then it is safe to say that we do the things that we do not enjoy due to the perceived result. This motivating factor minimizes the level of procrastination in our lives. So if we are procrastinating doing something, then it may be because: we either may not see the result or we could be just at an utter loss. In which case, we need to ask for help from others who have expertise.

Deb saw a website where there was none; I see order where there is chaos. If you can perceive it you can attain it. If you can’t perceive it you may need help from others. I am here to offer practical solutions to a vast array of problems that occur with clutter and teach you how to maintain.


~~Your Clutter Buster~~
clutterbegoneaz@gmail.com
clutter-begone.blogspot.com
 480-296-1246

*Check out tomorrow’s blog, “When Mom is out of Commission.”

No comments:

Post a Comment